Essay ” Our school web-site. Do you find it useful? If yes, why. If no, why. Suggest some ways to make it better”
Our school has its own website which I find very useful. I think the site gives us quite a lot of advantages. Using the site, we get a lot of information, for example, we see the work of our friends, our work, interesting photos, teachers ‘ blogs, our blogs, etc.
Exercise on If Clauses
Complete the sentences.
- If your conditions are competitive, we will place an order.
- If I had more time, I would do a course in business English.
- If we had known more about their culture, negotiating would have been easier.
- If you customize your CV, your chances of getting a job will be better.
- We will cancel our order if you don’t deliver the goods by Friday.
- If Brittany speaks better English, she would apply for a job abroad.
- If you would have told me about the problem, I would have helped you.
- I would let you know if I weren’t satisfied.
- If you execute the order carelessly, they will not place another order with you in the future.
- If I were you, I wouldn’t worry about the presentation.
3. Fill in the gaps with a form of the passive. The tense could be past, present or future.
1. Many rock stars say the real thrill is that they enjoy to be watched by thousands of adoring fans.
2. Your car is a death trap. It should be sent to the scrap yard years ago!
3. I’m sorry this office is so dirty but it can’t be cleaned until tomorrow morning at the earliest.
4. Any teacher who hits a student should be sacked immediately.
5. John’s big dream is that he wants be discovered by a big time music producer.
6. To be robbed in the street is a terrifying experience indeed.
7. The factory is losing a lot of money every week and will be shut next Thursday.
8. But it might be saved if we make an appeal to the local bank.
9. Before being recycled, glass bottles are thoroughly washed and the labels removed.
10. Jak was fired from the local car wash because, even though he hadn’t paid, he let his friend’s car be washed.
4. Reading text: Robot teachers, read and do task 1, task 2 1. Most jobs seem as if they can be done by robots or computers.TrueCorrectFalse2. Robots are always better at diagnosing illnesses than doctors.TrueCorrectFalse3. Many experts agree robots will replace teachers by 2027.TrueCorrectFalse4. One advantage of robot teachers is that they don’t need to rest.CorrectTrueFalse5. Robot assistants could help teachers by marking homework and writing reports.CorrectTrueFalse6. Some teachers use robots to reduce their time answering emails and marking homework.TrueCorrectFalseTask. 21.It’s easy to think robots …will replace people even if we don’t like the idea.are more capable than people and it’s true.Correctcan do less than people but it’s not always true.
2.Anthony Seldon thinks teachers in the future will …Correcthelp robots in class.teach knowledge to students.no longer exist.
3.Robots will probably never …Correcthave human understanding of emotions.be a popular choice for teachers.be intelligent enough to work in education.
4.Some parts of the world …pay robots to teach.already use robots in teaching jobs.Correcthave a shortage of teachers.
5.Teachers …work harder than office workers.Correcthave less help than office workers.leave their jobs to become office workers.
6.Robots could …empathise with students.Correctmark homework.prepare lessons.
5. Drag the words into the correct boxes.
1. At school I was good at two subjects, French and Spanish, so I took them both
2. I was a good student and my essays were always handed in
3. I studied really hard and attended all my lectures
4. When it was time for exams, I revised for weeks
5. After three years, I received an average grade of A
which was a great result( Revised for weeks, handed in, Grade of A, all my lectures, took them both).