- Put in the correct word.
1 Two people were seriously injured in the accident, (serious / seriously)
2 The driver of the car had serious injuries, (serious / seriously)
3 I think you behaved very selfishly (selfish / selfishly)
4 Tanya is terribly upset about Losing her job. (terrible / terribly)
5 There was a sudden change in the weather, (sudden / suddenly)
6 Everybody at the carnival was dressed colourfully, (colourful / colourfully)
7 Linda usually wears colourful clothes, (colourful / colourfully)
8 Liz fell and hurt herself really badly (bad / badly)
9 Joe says he didn’t do well at school because he was badly taught, (bad / badly)
10 The children were playing in the garden happily (happy / happily)
- Examination Card 1.
Task 1. Read the text, translate the last passage into English:
Jack was a young sailor. He lived in England, but he was often away with his ship.
One summer he came back from a long voyage and found new neighbours near his mother’s house. They had a pretty daughter, and Jack soon loved her very much.
He said to her, ‘My next voyage will begin in a few days’ time, Gloria. I love you, and I’ll marry you when I come back. I’ll think about you all the time, and I’ll write to you and send you a present from every port.’
Առաջին նավահանգիստը, որտեղ Ջաքը կանգ առավ, Ֆրիթաունն էր: Նա այնտեղից Գլորիային թութակ ուղարկեց: Այդ թութակը խոսում էր հինգ լեզվով:
Երբ Ջաքի նավը հասավ Ավստրալիա, նա նամակ ստացավ Գլորիայից: Նամակում գրված էր. «Շնորհակալություն թութակի համար, Ջա՛ք: Այն ավելի համեղ էր քան ճուտը»:
The first port where Jack stopped was Freetown.He sent Gloria a parrot from there .That parrot spoke five languages. When Jack’s ship arrived in Australia, he received a letter from Gloria.”Thank you for the parrot, Jack” was written in the letter. “It was more delicious than the chicken. ”
Task 2. Use the verbs in the brackets in the correct tense form:
- I have never come (never come) across such a big snake in my life. What about you?
- We were looking for (look for) her ring for two hours when we found it in the bathroom.
- Hi, I am(be) Matt Rotell, a friend of Alice’s.
- While climbing onto the mountain top, I met (meet) a strange animal which I’d never seen before.
- If I find (find) a good job, I’ll move to Madrid.
- Essay ”My favourite corner in the school. Where do you like to spend your time? Why?”
I am studying at Mkhitar Sebastaci Educational Complex. Our schools is very big and very beautiful. There is a lot of interesting places.The library is my favourite place in my school because it meets almost all my needs. I stay in the library for one or two hours when I have any free time between classes. There are so many books. There is very interesting books and also there is very quite so you can do your homework and work on your tasks, projects. Group members can discuss assignments, make a PowerPoint presentation, practice presentations, and do all kinds of things together. However, as library is such a big and bright place, I always feel comfortable in there no matter what I am doing.
Choose the correctly formulated Passive constructions.
- This easy work can be done without anybody‟s help.
- We found the room exactly as it had been left the night before.
- Tobacco introduced to France by Jean Nicot.
- This modular computer has used by our researchers.
- Gayane was first staged on December 3, 1942 in Perm during World War II.
- The first chewing-gum was made by Thomas Adams.
- Have these benches painted recently?
- The students being examined by the professor at that time.
- The vase made of crystal was broken to pieces.
- Lincoln was shot in the head by John Wilkes Booth, an actor.
- Marie Tussaud created her first wax figure (of Voltaire) in 1777.
- Before him lay a splendid garden, full of blossom and scent.
- I have been misunderstood – no intention to hurt you.
- Is that big hat made of straw?
- Many of Van Gogh‟s best works were created in 1889, in an asylum.
- He will have published several poems by the end of the year.
- What holidays are celebrated in your country in autumn and winter?
- G. Washington is known to all Americans as “The Father of the Nation”.
- The dynamite had invented by Alfred Nobel.
- Charlie Chaplin is considered one of the most famous stars of the early days of Hollywood.
- Will the scientific seminar be held in two days?
- The scientists have been making these experiments for the last few years.
- Nobel preferred that people didn’t remember him as the inventor of dynamite.
- The patent matter was still being discussed.
- The Smiths weren’t invited to that meeting.
- Search and find the most unusual, unique hotel in the world and write interesting information about it.
Icehotel is the world’s first hotel made of ice and snow. Founded in 1989, it is reborn in a new guise every winter, in the Swedish village of Jukkasjärvi, 200 km (125 mi) north of the Arctic Circle. The hotel has around 150 warm and cold rooms respectively. The latter have an ice décor and a bed made of ice which is covered with reindeer hides (you sleep in a thermal sleeping bag). The hotel also includes an ice church, ice bar, ice sculpting studio and pillar hall, in addition to two heated restaurants, lounge, four meeting rooms and two wilderness camps.